Wednesday, March 23, 2011

~The Painting~ By: Katie Church

**Yay! Fianlly! I got a person! I have 2 actually! I will post this one first though(:**

~The Painting~
I ever rest against the wall,
    Either ignored or admired by all
My frame is small 'round my simple face
    And I am alone in this dreary place
 
The people point at me, muse, and stare
    And it's obvious the children don't care
I'm naught but paint, and glass, and dust
    I'd love to move, but stay I must
 
It's worth the critisism and the talk
    To see my designer stop by 'round the clock
He handles me with the untmost of care
    It's worth rude remarks just to know he is there
 
I remember the tickle of his miniscule brush
    And the way his face in deep pride first did flush
When he heard the first praise from a potential buyer
    But my designer would not sell me, not for anything higher
 
I was his treasure,
    His greatest delight
And so I shall remain,
    Every day, every night
 

No comments:

Post a Comment